What feature ideas do you have for Social Fixer?

Button/icon to add post to a filter without having to open the options dialog

Button/icon to add post to a filter without having to open the options dialog

204 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Hippy RandallHippy Randall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    John ThrumstonJohn Thrumston shared a merged idea: So, how about a way to add something new to a filter right from the post?  ·   · 
    Anne-Marie WoodAnne-Marie Wood shared a merged idea: Sort people/pages into tabbed groups from feed  ·   · 
    JohnJohn shared a merged idea: Tabbing from posts, instead of just in the options.  ·   · 
    Larry Wayne VirdenLarry Wayne Virden shared a merged idea: new post icon that allows you to specify a specific filter rule for an article  ·   · 
    S. CameronS. Cameron shared a merged idea: Post Tagging  ·   · 
    jawnybnscjawnybnsc shared a merged idea: add to filter from news feed  ·   · 
    Milo CowellMilo Cowell shared a merged idea: button to add a page/friend to a filter without opening the options  ·   · 
    Kat RidleyKat Ridley shared a merged idea: Hide places feature  ·   · 

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert VaughanRobert Vaughan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something like this would be awesome, I've thought about replacing the Google It feature in the code with the option to add the share to my filter list. Only problem is that I've not been able to really dig in to find where the actual filter file is stored to actually add it.

The best way this could work is in the Filter options for there to be a couple additional options added to the filter options, one being a checkbox for "Use this as default Quick Filter" and then another to select "Add the current poster or original poster" so that it would either add the friend of yours to your filter list or the original poster that your friend shared from. Then next to the info, Google It, etc... icons on each post there would be a quick filter button.

I could then set up a filter as my default quick filter that would let me click the button and it would throw either person into my total filter list and either hide the post, move it to a tab, or any of the possible filter features.

Like I said, I could do it if I knew where the filters were stored.

• Sherwood BotsfordSherwood Botsford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In another post I suggested filter building blocks. %game% is another potential building block. The game list is built in, as part of the update process. If updates happen in a timely way, a new game gets added to the list before it goes viral and I get 100 invitations for it. Similarly a filter element for %apps%.

Note that tabs have an advantage over hiding. It's easy to check that the filter is actually deleting what you want, and not something extra.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok that would be a very good idear... I have add to much know I am Swamped I try to hard to please

• Marie MoravekMarie Moravek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been wishing for just such a feature myself. As a new user, as I'm fine-tuning the filters, I'm constantly finding new apps and such that need to be filtered out, rather than tabbed, and so I'm going back and forth -- having a quick way to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

• Harry FaulandHarry Fauland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If i could, i would at 20 votes to this one. Having almost 2000 pages and sorting them manually to filters is a major pain in the ...

Feedback and Knowledge Base