What feature ideas do you have for Social Fixer?

Move to a certain day or until "last seen" in news feeds by auto-clicking Older Posts

If I haven't been to Facebook for a few days, it's a pain to scroll down, show more, scroll down, show more, etc to get to where I left off. Add a feature to skip directly to a certain day, showing all posts in between.

774 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SarahSarah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    TravisTravis shared a merged idea: Button or something to jump to the last unread post on your wall.  ·   · 

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cathy FasanoCathy Fasano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that the way to get usable behavior would be to have the post at the TOP of the page be from some point in the past, and then the BOTTOM of the page would have the most recent posts.

Would this be possible by getting Facebook to load to the timepoint in question, and then a SocialFixer command would reverse the ordering of the posts on the page? (As a programmer, this sounds really really hard, if not impossible. But maybe better programmers than me can figure it out!)

• Kevin GallagherKevin Gallagher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!! Please let me log on at the point where I logged off last, and read the oldest messages first, until I reach the current messages!!!

Marking the messages as "read" doesn't work at all! They always reappear. That only works on my lists, on a limited basis.

• Dave AfDave Af commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

re; Anonymous commented · November 18, 2012 1:37 p.m. ·

Also why does social flixir automatically take me to top if I am where I want to be, say 6 hours ago and I click on the red wrench to turn it back on--extremely frustrating on both items

social fixer does not send your page to the top ;'when you open options and it says you need to refresh for changes to take effect ;YOU refreshing the page makes facebook take it to top.....

if you make a change 'it wont show that change till you refresh but you dont have to refresh ;';you can keep the 6 hrs back n work back to whenever you wish and ;next time you refresh it will use ;the new setting ...hope this helps!

Anonymous commented · November 18, 2012 1:37 p.m. · Flag as inappropriate
        this is not what I am really interested in but it would allow me to post.
        After installing why do I have to go thru endless clicking of "More posts" instead of automatically going to more posts at the bottom of the page. Also why does social flixir automatically take me to top if I am where I want to be, say 6 hours ago and I click on the red wrench to turn it back on--extremely frustrating on both items

you dont ;;inside social fixer is an option by default that stops the auto scrollin which is why you not have to keep clickin the next page ..untick that check box an it will auto scroll down as normal....U can also in area that says auto clck so many times change that to a larger number and it will scroll down so many for you ;automatically instead OR you could use both ....uncheck box so it auto scrolls when go to bottom and also load a few more pages worth to begin with/

under options in social fixer you can change the auto click option to a large number like 25 and then it will scroll way the heck back for you 'this is ideal if you dont mind waiting a few mins for all the pages to roll back,,, but not ideal if ya wanna refresh fv alot n want speed...'I did this idea for farmville and then set up diff tabs for diff items and then it would have show in tabs it found 15 of this item and 27 of this item in another tab and on top in social fixer control panel change to one tab n handle those matters and then next to handle them 'can do in order of importance to you vs having to go by ;time or order

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is not what I am really interested in but it would allow me to post.
        After installing why do I have to go thru endless clicking of "More posts" instead of automatically going to more posts at the bottom of the page. Also why does social flixir automatically take me to top if I am where I want to be, say 6 hours ago and I click on the red wrench to turn it back on--extremely frustrating on both items.

• StanStan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of course, if people just used the features already built into BFB/Social Fixer, to mark posts as read they wouldn't show up and clog up the screen, so going through old posts would be quicker...

Still, it looks like a sound idea but I'm not sure how much effort would be involved in producing the code required. Given that there are already over 500 votes for this idea I'm not going to waste my votes on it though (it has sufficient publicity/backing as it is), I think that there are other better ideas which could be more easily implemented.

• James McDonaldJames McDonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great option. I may know I read or commented on a post on a certain day, but often it doesn't even show up in Timeline to select it. I get a truncated view of everything more than a couple of days old.

• Apostol ApostolovApostol Apostolov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea is now completely reductant thanks to Facebook Timeline Profiles. Of course, Matt, more refined Timeline controls would be welcome when the change hits.

• shagg85shagg85 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an awesome idea list by : date, friend : or any one in a list (ie: family, fun, links,ect)

• Lisa Carlson PetersonLisa Carlson Peterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it would be nice to be able to jump to a date in the older posts instead of having to take the time to slowly scroll backwards until you find it.

• KelemvorKelemvor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just set BFB to go grab 30 pages worth of stuff. I open Chrome and just let it go for a few minutes. I can then scroll to the bottom and start ticking things off just fine. As you clear them, the rest drop down so there's no scrolling or anything. Really simple.

• Nicole York CoursonNicole York Courson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or sometimes I need to remember a certain date...so checking what i did that day on my fb seems like the easiest things to do...but....it takes forever! and what if it was a couple of months ago? if instead of "see more"...there were page numbers to jump ahead to like myspace used to be. that would be nice!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base