What feature ideas do you have for Social Fixer?

tab my different groups of friends.

I wish there were a way to tab my different groups of friends. After I went to the trouble to sort them, facebook made it impossible to even see the groups. I'm so overwhelmed with just a few political or news posts that I can't see what's up with real people I know.

398 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jamia  Jamia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Erik EinumErik Einum shared a merged idea: Add user created lists into the filter function  ·   · 
    Deanna LeeDeanna Lee shared a merged idea: Can 'Lists' be added as a criteria for Filters?  ·   · 
    Mitch LawrenceMitch Lawrence shared a merged idea: Tabs for Groups  ·   · 
    Tim MichaelsonTim Michaelson shared a merged idea: Make use of Facebook's Friends Groups in Filters  ·   · 
    suggestorsuggestor shared a merged idea: Make friend lists selectable in the filter menu  ·   · 

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have ALL my "Friends" sorted into MY Groups and they show in a TREE on the HOME position of FB.
        I have
        John Family
        Johns List
        and etc for 10 different list
        I stated them when I was playing GAMES
        So that IF I quit the game I could Delete them easily
        At that moment I have 3800 "Friends"
        Facebook has not changed that listing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

out of the original 'lists' i made to sort friends/family/game friends etc i have just the family list left...i don't know why fb changed it again but if there was a way to either make new lists that stayed put or tabs for friends lists that would make catching up with everyone so much easier :)

• HeptiteHeptite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@David Rees Even with the Facebook capability of switching between lists, it's not actual SocialFixer tabs, which—once sorted—would be much faster to switch between. Still, it's true that this feature is less necessary now that the Facebook feature does exist.

• poweruserpoweruser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@David Rees: That feature wasn't available when this request had been submitted.

However sometimes there are posts in the newsfeed that don't appear into the lists.

• KelemvorKelemvor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want to sort my friends. I tried manually selecting friends and tabbing them but it didn't work. Just be sure to include a way to choose for people that are in multiple groups. E.g. I have some friends in my main list who I also play games with so they're also in my game list.

• jillnjoshjillnjosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not fond of facebook's new "Lists" feature. I have my friends all sorted already. Can this "planned fix" also include a way to "reverse" their change? I'd just like to see my old list of friends appearing as they were. If I wanted to see them sorted, I would just go to the Edit Friends function, or in the Most Recent dropdown section I _could_ just choose whatever list I wanted. The system worked fine the way it was.

• FixFacebookFixFacebook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like this feature. I have my family, friends, associates all listed in different lists and my family posts are getting lost inbetween all the other associate posts, please add this feature it would be a HUGE Bonus!

I am in the beta group and they've switched everything around on us again.

I don't even mind if I have to rebuild lists with in BFB to make it work, but at this time, I have over 2500 people on my list and my 30 family members are lost within and I don't want to miss any of them.

So even a checkbox feature to scroll down the list would be awesome.

• shagg85shagg85 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't this be by page (S) Like the wall could be page one. Who I choose that anyone could/should see. then put groups I can only see on 2nd page. or make a page that you can type a name, or group to run a feed ? If i select to run it, or want to read it make a private/everyone button. ie page 1/2 ?

• Justin BoyleJustin Boyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Facebook allows you to sort your news feed by specific friends lists, can you enable us to select a list to load as default? For instance, if I choose a list now, it changes my feed, but when I refresh it changes back. It seems like it might be simple to implement a feature that would automatically redirect the home page to "http://www.facebook.com/?sk=fl_00000000"; or whatever the url of your specific friends list is.

• BBBB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps you could import them from the actual list pages, this would be a start.
        It should be doable.

• Pablo Rafael ArevaloPablo Rafael Arevalo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently manage this by filtering people individually, which is a royal pain, as I have a tab for friends, and others for family, coworkers, and everything else.
        If we could at least use a checkbox system instead of highlighting, that would make setting up filters so much easier, as it is awkward to go to an existing filter with 20+ selections to add 2 or 3 more, just to have the filter clear out when I accidentally let go of the "ctrl" key right before clicking the last aquaintance. I can certainly click cancel, and re-open the options menu and start over with the desired updates, or click save after every little change to make sure I don't mess up, but it gets rather tedious to do it that way. At the very least, having the save button not automatically close the options would be helpful, as that would allow for saving incremental changes without having to go back and forth every time.

• Aj RAdminAj R (Admin, Social Fixer) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a mild update: I recall Matt mentioning once that he would like to do this but cannot as (I think this part is right) FB does not make the content of lists readable, so he cannot pull the data in to use as a filter element.

• Scott JonesScott Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely my #1 request! Every other major issue I had w/FB is addressed by BFB. (Bless you!) But I still want group tabs **and/or** the ability to filter "ALL" Friends and/or "ALL" Pages to tabs, which I suppose is a different enhancement request.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base