What feature ideas do you have for Social Fixer?

Add a "Bookmarks" feature

There's an addon called FFixer that gives you a "Bookmarks" option at the top menu bar. I'd like to not use that addon anymore since it's not updated and has some bugs but I love the bookmark feature.

125 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    vv shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Láng Attila D.Láng Attila D. shared a merged idea: Add links to the Facebook header  ·   · 
    BonnieBonnie shared a merged idea: shortcuts IN Bfb  ·   · 

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JustinJustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A good example of a useful reason to have a FB SFX Bookmark feature is to help with managing the number of bookmarks users keep. It would be convenient to have FB-only Bookmarks accessible from within the FB display, instead of having several FB browser Bookmarks. For example, I'd like to have a link within my FB display to navigate to my 'Missed Stories' feed (https://www.facebook.com/feed/missed_stories?sk=h_chr). It seems redundant to have both a 'Facebook' Bookmark and an 'Unread Stories' Facebook Bookmark in my browser bar. As user "v" noted below, there is a user laziness factor, but more importantly, it would mean one fewer browser Bookmarks competing for already-crowded Bookmark real estate.

• ee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont want more bookmarks on my browser bookmarks bar, because it is full.
        I want an individual menu with a list of bookmarks only for direct access to my pages and facebook links just on top bar below config icon. It's simple.

• Patrizio LinguantiPatrizio Linguanti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please, if possible, add the bookmark feature like the ffixer one.... it's cool, amazingly simple to use. it's usefull.
        i'm using it anyway.. i have installed the old FaceTweak, enabled only the ffixer. it works well with social fixer, the only problem is that some times the time stamp from the posts disapears.
        if some is interested to use my workaround... just download to the desktop the latest version of FaceTweak, open it with winrar or 7zip, edit the firefox max version inside the install.rdf... save and install in firefox.

• Matthew BevisMatthew Bevis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto the original post. I admin several pages for bands. When I was using FFixer I had a bookmark for each page, the events tab for each page, and the "add event" for each page all conveniently located in my fb navbar. Granted, I can simply make a folder in my bookmarks to accomplish the same, but then when I expand that folder, I will wind up with a scrollbar in my Bookmarks. Not life or death, obviously, but certainly not a very elegant solution.

• Madis OtenurmMadis Otenurm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the ONLY reason I use FFixer besides Better Facebook. Point is that you use empty space on Facebook, and you don't have to use bookmarks bar for only Facebook bookmarks. It is very logical place for having only Facebook bookmarks.

• vv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Matt I do use the always show bookmarks bar, but you can only fit so many bookmarks. The thing I just noticed that would make my life easier is re organizing my bookmarks to put all of my sub folders inside the bookmarks bar folder and that way they will appear in there instead of actually having to go through what ive been doing.

• Matt KruseAdminMatt Kruse (Admin, Social Fixer) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good discussion :)

In Chrome, you can go to Tools->Always show bookmarks bar.
        Then your bookmarks are right there, always clickable. No need to go through menus. That is way easier.
        Of course, if you can't or don't want the bookmarks bar there, I can understand the desire for one in FB.

@Matt: Thanks for the reply. To be honest, call it internet laziness or whatever, but when one becomes accustomed to the fact that clicking on links and moving the mouse is your way around the internet, "anything" that can reduce those motions and clicks needed to get to where you want to go turns out to be a godsend. I know it sounds ridiculous but bear with me. When I'm on Facebook and I want to go to a certain group page, I'm so spoiled to just clicking at the top of the menu bar for FFixer's "bookmarks" and clicking the page link. It takes maybe a second's worth of time. If I wanted to get to that same page - using the Chrome browser for example - I would have to click options/bookmark manager/wait for the page to load/click the bookmark. Too much "work" :)

• Matt KruseAdminMatt Kruse (Admin, Social Fixer) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't understand - why would browser bookmarks require a separate window or tab?
        I have folders in my browser toolbar. I click them, they drop down with my links, and if I want to open it in a new tab I just hold Ctrl and click.
        I don't understand how a bookmarks toolbar in FB would be any more convenient?

• Luigi TrovatoLuigi Trovato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have exposed this idea also on BFB wall. The reason for this bookmark menu instead of using browser's bookmarks is that those bookmarks require a separate window or tab, while the menu would be always there in the FB bar on top when you switch from main site to the various applications. I use this function to bookmark those applications that I use more often and have a quick link to switch from one to another, without going back to FB home page. This because you know the left column is not displayer when you are in an application, and the menu in the lower bar has disappeared since long time now.

Just to elaborate, the bookmarks feature simply lets you add any Facebook URL to a bookmarks dropdown menu for easy access

Feedback and Knowledge Base