What feature ideas do you have for Social Fixer?

Prevent Facebook from "grouping" news feed items by subjects/keywords

Facebook defaults to "grouping" news feed items based (I assume) on keywords common to them (such as 'Thanksgiving' or 'Christmas'). It would be great if Social Fixer had an option to undo Facebook's clustering of posts in that way, and restore them to their normal place in the chronological order.

97 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Derek HiemforthDerek Hiemforth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Kassy EllefsonKassy Ellefson shared a merged idea: Turn off grouping of similar posts on the newsfeed.  ·   · 
    Martin ChildsMartin Childs shared a merged idea: SFX should have an option to ungroup posts automatically.  ·   · 
    under review  ·  Éric DucharmeAdminÉric Ducharme (Admin, Social Fixer) responded  · 

This is something that has been attempted in the past with limited success. It is always we are looking for, but there doesn’t seem to be a way of doing it without causing many more issue.

Keeping as “under review” as you never know what the future holds.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Heather JasonHeather Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to see all postings in chronological order please and not grouped into certain friends and family.

• Julie ScalskyJulie Scalsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please - desperately need this, as facebook's grouping is HORRIBLE - and I can't mark individual posts in the group as read. :(

• Joel CoadyJoel Coady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apparently this is post type=364 (undefined)
        Looking at the html, I think you could break up the grouping into the individual posts. This would need to happen before the user's filters get a chance to move them to tabs or do whatever the filter is set to do on the individual posts.

Feedback and Knowledge Base