What feature ideas do you have for Social Fixer?

Newsfeed layout customization

It would be very helpful if the center column/right column boundary could be dragged by hand, or at least had a wider layout option. You could dynamically resize it. The newsfeed column length could also be dynamically resized. This would allow the user to maximize the information visible in the newsfeed if wanted--i.e. making it the focus of the browser page if need be. Also, the popups which appear while rolling over the newsfeed could be maximized to stretch to the left side of the browser when they open, so the user could maximize the information visible in those as well. Those three changes could, in my opinion, make the new facebook UI newsfeed features more bearable. Thank you for your diligence and hard work on this public service you are performing.

81 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark StrachanMark Strachan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    FoferFofer shared a merged idea: Configurable width for FB layout  ·   · 
    HedgehogHedgehog shared a merged idea: Rearrage layout items (left, right, centre column items) by drag/dropping them to a new position  ·   · 

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lisa HattLisa Hatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this! This is just what I came here to request, myself. Full screen width leaves a lot of dead white space on the right, especially since I hide the chat dock and news ticker and such. It'd be great to be able to enter a desired percent width.

Feedback and Knowledge Base