What feature ideas do you have for Social Fixer?

Default to not follow a post

If I comment on a post, it will automatically notify me any time someone else comments on the same thread unless I click "unfollow post"
As a contester, I tell 50 people a day that I voted, but I don't want to hear that everyone else did too.
I would like to be able to reverse it, where I click on posts that I choose to follow, and I don't get notifications on the others. ty

923 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    HelenHelen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ian D. SamsonIan D. Samson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would REALLY appreciate a checkbox whereby I can select "Unfollow Post" by default. Every comment I make, on nearly every thread, I have to click Unfollow Post. I wish Follow Post was a default in the OFF condition.

• James McDonaldJames McDonald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the case of your contests, you don't need to share them and clutter up your friends news feeds. You may like your contests, but not everyone does. Or at least share it to yourself only.

• Pablo VitassoPablo Vitasso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why someone sees this as somehow "unmoral" or "unethical" option?

This addon automates something that we do by clicking the mouse, so this automates UI actions - and more.

This certainly falls into UI actions category.

And for this action and all this category the following is valid IMHO: "this addon helps me do things I do already"

good luck!

• Abhe GembulAbhe Gembul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been there afaik. Go to SFX option > Posts. You should see "Hide new notification of comments ([tick box] always) or when there are more than [text box] comments". CMIIW

• Mel BrooksMel Brooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How did this idea get so many votes? I don't like it so I can't imagine how this many other people think it's that great. Please don't waste your time implementing this. I'd downvote it if I could.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! This is annoying in cases when you say congratulations to someone and then get notified about the 100 other congratulations from others.

• Sherwood BotsfordSherwood Botsford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To the person who asked for this feature: You mean that you want to talk and not listen to any of the replies. You are part of the whole signal to noise ratio on FB.

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's annoying to get alerted all the time after I comment on a post. I never remember to unfollow until I've already gotten a bunch of notifications. I'd like for the default behavior when commenting to be 'don't follow' with an option next to the post to 'follow' it if I want to (which is rarely).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please do do this, i hate getting constant notifications when i like something that a hundred other people then like too lol..

• HelenHelen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly, Vaughan. The follow posts feature is not based on liking a post, it is based on commenting. I am not suggesting it so I can make provocative statements. I would like to use it after notifying someone that I voted a contest for them. We all use FB for different purposes. I use it for contesting.

• Vaughan UjdurVaughan Ujdur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well this is not going to happen - just don't click like , and dont say anything that may prevoke someone to tag you if your not prepared to get feedback, @Helen why should your views be heard, and you not take the time to read someone's response to you.

• HelenHelen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and also, if you comment, then someone tags you, you get notified of the tag, plus suddenly you are following the post again, and you have to go back to "unfollow". So frustrating!

Feedback and Knowledge Base